Buzzzzzing Under Dash After Shutdown.....

Hi... Jim from Las Vegas here. I have a perplexing thing that has always gone on with my 03 Cross Country. After shutdown, I hear a very muted buzzing noise coming from behind the dash, close to the floor and toward the transmission tunnel on the passenger side. It sounds very much like the vibrator which all old tube type car radios used to have. I've never actually timed it but it seems to last for between ten to twenty minutes. The battery is not being drained over long periods of time because I just fired up the car and drove it today for the first time in over five weeks, because my old

240 Turbo two door (With colder A.C. than the wagon) had two flat front tires that went flat overnight. Anyway, not to make a long story unbearable, anyone out there that hears the same thing on/in their current 70 series? Oh, and as long as I have your attention, I have to tell you all something that I've seen discussed in this group as I have been lurking for the last few years, and I'll start by saying this...My life has not been without a Volvo since 1967 when I bought a new 123 G.T. from Keyes Motors in Van Nuys, CA. but I'm pretty sure that this Volvo will be my last. At 15,000 miles (Under Warranty, of course), ALL of the rear suspension rubber bushings were replaced, front ball joints were replaced, CV joints replaced (outer), both strut inserts are shot but the dealer cant replace those because they're not "broken" or leaking, left and right tie-rod ends were lunched (I haven't kissed a curb yet because here in Las Vegas there is virtually NO curb parking except in residential areas), the sub-woofer of makes all of the body colored exterior door trim vibrate. In November, on a trip back from Dallas in a torrential rain storm the interior was drenched while parked overnight at the Crowne Plaza Hotel due to a leaking sun roof ($86 You Ess Dollars to adjust), the L.E.D.'s on the dash (you know, the ones that give you the mileage, odometer, time and temp) flash incessently bright-dim-bright-dim-bright-dim to the point where I had to put a strip of black electrical tape across the bottom of the whole lense to keep it from driving me crazy. A banging noise from the front susp. was diagnosed by the Service Manager of Volvo of Las Vegas (George SomethingOrOther) as being from "the very agressige Pirelli Scorpions", I think that I'll throw up.

But, on the other hand, although in a very unpopular color that only lasted one year, Deep Bronze Metallic, and with the windows all blacked out like we're allowed to do here in Nevada because of the heat...as I came out of a 7-11 with cigarettes (Cough,cough), two guys in a Navigator were looking at, around and under my car and they asked me a couple of questions about it. As we were concluding our conversation, who do you think the homeless street-person approached? And as he grabbed on to the roof-rails, he said, "I used to live like Dis". And the guys in the Navigator made a hasty exit.

God-Fucking-Damn, I love this car!!!

Anyone with stories about Volvo of Las Vegas...Let's get together for coffee someplace. We can put it together in this group. We have the whole Summer ahead of us with 120 degree weather....Uhhhh, but it's DRY heat.

Reply to
..