Changing a mirror on 86 240

Without power mirrors. Can I snap off the plastic cover with just a screwdriver (or other implement?).

What will happen to the control stick? Are the screws easily enough removed with the mirror still attached?

I have not done this before on this car. I did once remove a power mirror many moons ago but cannot remember how. tia

Reply to
SanFelice

Hi.

On the underside of the mirror there's a hole, where You can use a screwdriver on the white plastic ring in the inside of the mirror. When You "turn" that ring, the mirror loosen, and You can put in a new one.

Best regards Ola Valan

Reply to
Ola Valan

That inner triangle is just snapped on. However it's easy to break the pin that holds it on while removing it. The rubber boot will pull off with it, leaving a bare metal adjustment lever. Then you can see the 2 bolts that hold the mirror on.

As the other poster noted, you can only change the glass if that's all that's broken. If you have the new glass, what he's describing will be clear.

Reply to
Mike F