2000 Sonoma power mirror ?

I have a 2000 Sonoma with power windows and power mirrors. The switch(es) for the mirror seem to be bad as the control for the mirrors is erradic at best.

Can someone tell how the panel that the switches are mounted on is removed? It looks like I might able to pry it off. But before I go messing up the arm rest I'm hoping someone will verify how this thing comes off.

Thanks.

Reply to
David Wilkinson

with a small screwdriver or the like, pry up on the front of the 'plate' the switches are mounted in. It will pry up on the front then slide the 'plate' forward(slightly) and it will come out(with all wires for all accs. attached-of course). There is a tab in the rear of the plate that you need to slide forward for it to come out. Fairly simple you'll see and I'd bet-if your diagnosis is the power mirror switch-I'd bet your right. See it all the time. good luck snipped-for-privacy@peru-motors.com

Reply to
blazerman

Thanks,

The next decent weekend I'll give it a try.

"blazerman" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@64g2000cwx.googlegroups.com:

Reply to
David Wilkinson

you're welcome! jp