changing fuel pump/filter 240dl

Anyone had a hard time starting the 240's after changing either or both main fuel pump / filter?? A hard enough time that you thought fuses/relays/etc were faulty?

Thanks--Tyler

Reply to
Tyler

I've not changed the "main" pump, but I've changed the "in tank" pump & filter changed several times with no problems. Out of curiousity, did you use a "new" Volvo pump ???

Herman....... (back from a long absence) "83 282 5.0 H.O. formerly 242 Turbo intercooled.

Reply to
Herman

Got new main and in-tank pumps and filter from

who claims all parts are OEM. The car runs fine (see post:
f12669.0309240646.5c4e4b11%40posting.google.com&rnum=2) (titled "87 240dl start problem #3)

I am still wondering what happened. I would hope it was a priming issue, since the filter and main pump were "empty" when starts were attempted. We are in day #10 and the car starts immediately, runs great, with no spooky things going on. Thanks - Tyler

Reply to
Tyler