check engine light

I have a 1993 Volvo 940 turbo wagon. The oil filter leaked and dumped oil over the lower engine/exhaust. Problem was fixed. My check engine light now is on after driving a few miles. Any suggestions?

Reply to
manoabob
~^ beancounter ~^

perhaps the turbo bearing has failed due to loss of oil pressure when the filter let oil leak out?

Reply to
Perry Noid

I reset the code and the light went out and is staying out. thanks bob

"manoabob" wrote: > I have a 1993 Volvo 940 turbo wagon. The oil filter leaked and > dumped oil over the lower engine/exhaust. Problem was fixed. > My check engine light now is on after driving a few miles. Any > suggestions?

Reply to
manoabob