did start/won't start 87 240dl

The following is what has happened so far: Car started, but only after cranking the 2nd time. In other words, it wouldn't start all the time on the first crank, but would always start the 2nd time. It has always run very well once running.

Haynes said it could be the fuel filter.

I changed the fuel filter, double checking the flow direction.

It won't start now. I checked for spark on ALL plugs, it is fine. Did a simple check of fuel pressure by opening line at fuel rail...pressurized fuel squirted out.

Fuel pump relay is sound. Energizes when it should. Tank pump works. Main pump works.

Disconnceting the air mass meter makes no difference.

What did I do???????

Please don't say the ECU is toast. I would think the fuel relay wouldn't energize, the spark wouldn't be there, etc. if it wasn't good...but then again.

thanks--Tyler

Reply to
Tyler