electrical problems or a fuse?

My hi-beams, turn signals, intermittent wipers and radio controls on steering wheel all do not work and all went at the same time. Does anyone have any ideas? 2000 Volvo S80 T6

Reply to
SCOUT

"SCOUT" skrev i meddelandet news: snipped-for-privacy@c13g2000cwb.googlegroups.com...

If it's not a fuse, then you are experiencing electrical problems. Jon

Reply to
Jon

So try the ground connections from the wheel.

Cheers, Peter.

Reply to
Peter K L Milnes

The SWM,steering wheel module has probably failed. It is a circuit board mounted forward of the steering wheel on the column. The SWM will need to be loaded with new software. Only a dealer or independent with VADIS can do this. You could try this, remove both battery cables. Touch the battery cable ends together for 5 seconds. Reconnect cables and see if it helped. Removing and touching the cable ends together will reset all brains. The above will not erase any stored fault codes. Also the ABS brain can cause similar problems because of the way the network signals run. The path of information can and will pass through other brains on its way to the proper brain.

BD

Big Dick

Look for a loose connector in the steering column?

Gary

Reply to
Gary Heston

THANK YOU! I have to admit that I had my doubts but you solved my problem.

Reply to
SCOUT

Sorry. I posted in the wrong spot Big Dick's suggestion actually worked

Reply to
SCOUT

Sorry. I posted in the wrong spot (below) Big Dick's suggestion worked

Reply to
SCOUT