SRS light on 88 Volvo 760

Hello:

The SRS light is constantly on in my 88 Volvo 760. I looked at the fuses and relays and all seems fine. Even put new fuses but the light still stays on.

What could the possible solutions?

Many thanks,

Ivan

Reply to
ivanstraw

Could be any # of things the fact that the SRS light is on means that the SRS system has a fault in it. Was any work done on the car Before the srs light came on? Glenn

Reply to
Glenn Klein

Hello:

No recent electric work per se. Not too long ago 4 wires related to the 4 fuel injectors were ripped/cut when changing a battery. They wire go into a resistor which is screwed onto the body right by the battery.

THe other thing I did is to remove some extra electrical wires that were hooked to 2 fuses. As far as I can tell these extra wires may have been part of a car phone installed in the car. Removing these wires did not do anything or let the SRS light go away.

If other suggestions let me know. Thank you

Reply to
ivanstraw

Supplementary Restraint System - your airbags might be defective or not returning some sort of signal... I believe there is a connection around the steering wheel for the airbags, maybe it's faulty.

Reply to
Rob Guenther

The time lapse was modified to fifteen years by Volvo. Ivan have you tried resetting the codes on the diagnostic plug? When diagnostics have been reset the SRS light should be out. Make a note of any codes that show before reset as they might point to the trouble that caused the light to come on.

Cheers, Peter.

Reply to
Peter K L Milnes

Learn how to read codes for your SRS: