Emission test on my 1988 240.

Here in Québec we don't have mandatory smog tests, but I always wondered if my '88 240 Wagon would pass one such test. I'm pretty environmentally concious. So I went last week to a free clinic and was very surprised (as where the staff of the clinic) to discover that my car, at 340 000 km, was rating way below the average emission ratios for new cars! Results were : 23 ppm for HC (max for a new car is 110 ppm) and 0,000% (non-detectable) for Co (max for a new car is 0,85%).

Am I proud of this car? Good girl...

Richard.

Reply to
Rob Guenther