AZ emission tests

My 2005 XG350 is due for its first emission test. If it fails is dealer required to effect repairs to make it pass? Thank you, Seamus J. Wilson

Reply to
Seamus J. Wilson

The details will be in your warranty for emissions. Depends on the miles.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Relax. For your year of car, they just read data from the computer. If you don't have any "check engine light" instances that haven't been resolved, you'll pass. They may also look under the car to check that the cat converters are still there, maybe check the gas cap. In any event, I imagine the emissions parts are still under warranty.

Reply to
iws