Flasher Unit Update (89 245)

Turn signal flasher unit clicks all by itself firing no lights. The blinkers and hazards work properly. I have replaced the flasher and the hazard switch, checked and cleaned many grounds, disconnected the tailgate wiring harnesses and the 'Ghost' click survived. This morning I ran a jumper wire from terminal 49a on the flasher unit to the corrosponding terminal on the steering column directional switch. Naturally the hazards don't work like this because I have disconnected it's feed from the blinker switch. I could have sworn I initially heard a 'Ghost' click immediately thereafter but I took it for a ride and definately heard none during my 10 minute drive. This is certainly the longest reprieve by far as of yet so I may have isolated it. If this is indeed the source, I would like to find out how to repair the seat belt warning circuit.

How do I troubleshoot that part of the circuit? Is my car supposed to have light bulbs in the seat belt receptacles? (Meaning the place where I snap the seat belt into it's locked position. I also realized yesterday that although I get a five second warning via the dashboard light, to attach my seat belt, it allows me to drive without seat belt attached without any further lights lighting, is that faulty behaviour?

Thanks and keep the love flowin'

Danny

Reply to
Danny