Glove Box Mechanism Failure 850

How do i open the Glove Box It would appear the latch is broken ?

BigGuyUK

Reply to
BigGuyUK

snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (ron) this solution in a previous thread.

I had it happen to my 850 and my friends 850... and a couple of others have posted similar problems.

The best way that we found is to get a wooden wedge, and place it as close to the small U shaped catch as possible. Gently push it in until there is an opening wide enough to get a single hacksaw blade through the opening. Place some duct tape on the glovebox area you will be sawing next to - to prevent cover damage.

Saw through the black U shaped catch. The go back to the friendly volvo dealer and buy a new lock mechanism for the door lid and a new catch. Costs about $25.00.

Reply to
Stephen M. Henning

An easier way is to cut a hole in the glove box door, which enables you to release the latch. There's no chance of damaging anything else this way, but the door is more expensive than the metal loop.

Reply to
Mike F