headlight swap: 240's, 84 - 89

hello everybody!;

it looks like i may be trading one wagon for another soon, `84 to `89, both 240DL's, tan to deep blue. its simply much better condition even with a couple k more miles. and 5 speed instead of 4 speed + overdrive (is there anyway that could translate to better milage?). i guess i've got a while to wait before my car becomes a classic again, it'll be missed.

the one thing that really bugs me about the new car is that it has the newer covered single style headlights, the 86-93 one. my `84 has the

79-85 two headlights side by side, no cover at all.

i really really really like my old headlights, a lot a lot a alot. is there any way i can swap the headlights between the two cars?

my main question is one of fit. are the two intermountable? its my desperate hope that they'd just drop into place.

i'd have to do some rewiring, no? my old `84 shouldnt need retrofitting, i'd just have to connect the one headlight to the hi/low line. i'd have to add an aux switch to my new car for the secondary hi beam, which i'm fine with. i suppose i could relay something somewhere.

many thanks, Matt

Reply to
myren, lord