Headlight wiper now in "digitus impudicus" position

Driver side wiper arm frozen in the up position.

How to unstick (not tried brute force yet and would rather not)?

Reply to
byrocat

It is held on by an 8mm(?) nut under the lift-up-and-slide-off hinge flap.

All the best, Peter.

700/900/90 Register Keeper, Volvo Owners Club (UK).
Reply to
Peter K L Milnes

You don't say what model/year, but on our '85 760 a couple years ago the splines stripped out (where Peter mentions). Replacement of the stripped parts was a hassle, so I cemented the pieces with blue Loctite and tapped the wiper on with a socket and a small hammer. So far, so good. Now I'm very careful to make sure the wipers aren't stuck down in the winter before using the wipers.

Mike

Reply to
Michael Pardee

Yes, it's a 2002 S40.

Wiper arm seems to shift around between trips but gentle pressure doesn't move it, so stripped splines doesn't appear to be the problem.

Reply to
byrocat