Headlights - which is left and which is right?

I just received my e-code headlights from FCP Groton. Question: one says R and one says L. Is R (right) the driver's side or passenger?

Reply to
Jamie

On my S80 the LH fog light is on the driver's side (I broke the lense and had to change it :-( so the R should be the passenger side.

Allen

Reply to
Allen

Thanks for the input. I want to be sure, because when I held the "R" light up on both sides, it looked better on the passenger side. The mounted angle on this side seems to point off to the right, whereas if I put it on the driver's side, it would want to cast light onto oncoming traffic.

Reply to
Jamie

I know what you mean. In the general position naming of things left and right are as you see them while sitting in the driver's seat. Do they have a top and bottom also?

Allen

Reply to
Allen

LOL -- I am using the writing on the glass to decide the top and bottom

Reply to
Jamie

OK, anyone who has done this before must have been holding this in waiting. Once I put the turn signal into the snap on bracket of the headlamp, there was only one way they could go.

LOL

Reply to
Jamie

They'll only fit one way. Right is the passenger side in the US.

Reply to
James Sweet