help identifying a part

Re: 2000 C70 Convertible, Turbo.

Last winter I hit a snow bank.. the genius that I am!

Front passenger side...I messed up the fog light, which I can repair. Also, the hood release, which I 'MacGyvered'..

The remaining mystery is one part dangling down, in the area of the tow hook.

It is hanging by a 2 wire harness and this particular part looks like it bayonet mounts somewhere into a hole about 1/2 inch or so in diameter. It's all black, with a blunt black 'probe' looking projection in the middle of it, feels like it's all hard plastic, it's all black in color.

In white, stamped on the outside, "98 08 26".

Does anyone know what this is and more importantly where it should be?? Definitely not hanging, that I'd bet!

Thank you

Reply to
Uncle Vinnie