Help! Need help identifying exterior LR Disco part

Can anyone tell me what the catalog name is for those black rims that fit over the wheel wells? When I bought my used '03 LR the dealer told me to use Armour All to get rid of the abrasions but that didn't help . He told me it is common for the LR to have those black mouldings to look worn. I would like to replace them. Does anyone know what they're called and if they're costly to replace, OR, is there a product on the market that will make them look better. I was think black shoe polish.

Reply to
Just Me

|| Can anyone tell me what the catalog name is for those black rims || that fit over the wheel wells? When I bought my used '03 LR the || dealer told me to use Armour All to get rid of the abrasions but || that didn't help . He told me it is common for the LR to have those || black mouldings to look worn. I would like to replace them. Does || anyone know what they're called and if they're costly to replace, || OR, is there a product on the market that will make them look || better. I was think black shoe polish.

Back to Black, made by Simoniz or somesuch, works in the short term. I always call them wheel-arch eyebrows, but no doubt there is a more official designation.

Reply to
Richard Brookman

Back to Black will work for about 6-12 hours before fading away IME. Boot polish will work and happily bugger up any clothing that brushes past it for months to come! I suspect it will also transfer itself down the car when you wash it.

You could remove them and spray them with a matt black paint I suppose, but I don't know what surface prep you'd have to do to make it stick.

Reply to
Tim Hobbs

||| Just Me wrote:

|| is there a product on the market that will make ||||| them look better. I was think black shoe polish.

||| Back to Black, made by Simoniz or somesuch, works in the short ||| term.

FSVO "short term". :-)

|| Back to Black will work for about 6-12 hours before fading away IME.

I reckon about a week, but YM clearly MV.

Reply to
Richard Brookman

Thanks a lot, I'll check it out.

Reply to