I just hit a catin my S60

I just hit a cat last night in my s60, Apart from killing the cat which i hated i also killed the from of my car. It would never have done it to my

760! I smashed the driving lamp into 1000 bits even shattered the protector. It also has knocked my radiator backwards! It now an insurance job with bita of cheap plastic clips all over the place, needing new lower center grill and the lot!

Gone are the days of the rubber bumpers which could run into a bus without a scratch! I guess its done at least £500 damage!

Reply to
Jeremy Bray

Just how big was that cat? See the story below.

2060&command=displayContent&sourceNode0885&contentPKh81012

Reply to
Boris Mohar

A cat demolished your car like that? Sounds like a cougar or a lion ... Sorry 'bout the cat and the car, good luck. /Nisse

Reply to
Nisse

We told you the new Volvos weren't like the old ones.

It's a scam, really - those parts keep thousands of people employed, plus thousands more in the repair shops.

Reply to
Joseph Oberlander

Get a few more and make a coat. We in Australia have a problem with cats going feral and destroying native fauna. They are even living in the desert areas and some species are heading toward extinction due to cats. If we also consider that some people are allergic to cats and that the neibours cat vomited on my lovely Volvo then the loss of one cat is not a big deal. :)

AJS

Reply to
AJS

The last critter I hit (large bird, IIRC) just bounced off of my car. Left a nickel sized ding in the bumper. That was at freeway speeds.

All I can say is they must be making modern bumpers out of tissue paper or something, because I can tell you my old metal 164E bumpers could hit small bushes on dirt roads and show absolutely no wear.

Reply to
Joseph Oberlander

Reply to
Rob Guenther

Bollox to your car..........what about the poor moggy?

JTD

Reply to
JTD

No one has pointed out that he hit a cat that he hated. That was probably worth the damage caused LOL. I once hit a large dog with my 740 '85 Estate, no damage to the car but the dog was totalled. Well it was either the dog or put my family in jeopardy. And I didn't even know the dog enough to form an opinion about it.

Stuart.

Reply to
Stuart Gray

The rule of thumb is - if it is smaller than a two person meal, don't bother trying to swerve or brake - you're more likely to have an accident.

Reply to
Joseph Oberlander

And if its bigger that a person meal don't bother swerving or trying to break

It'll feed you for a week

Reply to
vertuas

two person meal even, ddduuuuuhhhhhhhhhhh @ me

Reply to
vertuas

No problem. The addage is from a rule about motorcycling, where it is a one-person meal.

Cars weigh a bit more, though some bikes are getting awfully close - you see that over 2L bike that just came out? Yeesh.

Reply to
Joseph Oberlander

You want to hit a Roo! They make a dent. I do a lot of night driving over long distances (You can drive for some hours and not see another car) the only thing that really scares me is Roo's. Hate them. So I have a rather nice set of Rally 4000 spots :) I can see a loooooooong way.

AJS

Reply to
AJS

That reminds me of a time when I was following a mate down a fast country road on our bikes. A pheasant broke cover and flew right into his front wheel (He had wire spoked wheels). I guess we were doing around 80 - 85 mph. at the time. All I saw was an explosion of feathers which hit me, he slowed to a stop and I pulled up beside him. The engine fins on his bike were covered in cooking pheasant mince and he looked like he had lost a pillow fight. We never did find the rest of the bird.

Stuart.

Reply to
Stuart Gray