Idle Control Valve

Hi, can someone explain to me the location of the idle control valve on an 1989 240GL. I can't seem to find any information on where it is located and I need to replace it. Thanks.

Reply to
newsaccount

It's under the intake manifold. Look for a rubber mounted cylinder, just under 2" in diameter, about 4" long with 2 hoses connected to one end, and a wiring harness connection at the other.

Reply to
Mike F

Reply to
John Robertson

Last time I did that the motor commutator and brushes got contaminated.

Regards,

Boris Mohar

void _-void-_ in the obvious place

Reply to
Boris Mohar

I've used carb cleaner, and also electrical parts cleaner without a problem.

Reply to
zencraps

I think that happens whether it is being cleaned or not. Mine did the same, and I uncrimped the body to clean it out. The large O-ring inside there has to be replaced if you uncrimp it, and it is a chore to tightly recrimp the body.

Mike

Reply to
Michael Pardee