Help with 850 squeaky steering

I have a 94 850 wagon (non turbo) that squeaks when I turn the steering wheel. It is the kind of squeak you get when you rub polystyrene foam against itself. Does anyone have any idea what may be causing this and how to rectify the problem?

Thanks,

Chuck

Reply to
caaron

Do you have arthritis? ;)

Sorry, I don't have anything constructive to say. My guess would be the turn signal mechanism. Does it matter what position the turn signal lever is in.

Reply to
Stephen Henning

I've had this squeaking, but in a 760. In that case it was the SRS contact reel.

Beverly

Reply to
Bev A. Kupf