2005 Ford Expedition hood and rear door hinges loosing their staying power

My 2005 Ford Expedition hood and rear door hinges are loosing their staying power. The hood hinges will not stay up in the winter any more. Is this a big change out and where is the best place to buy new OEM hinges ?

Thanks, Lynn

Reply to
Lynn McGuire

Lets replace the word hinge with hood supports !

Specifically
Thanks, Lynn

Reply to
Lynn McGuire

I haven't replaced any on an Expedition, but the rear hatch ones on my old Escape were easy enough to replace. Just use a 2x4 long enough to prop it open safely, snap the old out, check the mounting balls to make sure they're the same size as the new ones (if the new ones come with the mounts. Some don't; they expect you to use the old ones), snap the new supports in place, raise the hatch all the way, then close it manually. DON'T let it slam shut the first time. Open and close it a time or two to make sure it's working correctly, and that's it :-)

Reply to
SC Tom