just bought s60 - questions

Hello I just signed a 36 months lease on a new S60 2.5T with the sport package (leather and all power) in the USA and I had some questions...

  1. The manual says when you lock the car using the remote, the exterior lights should flash for veficiation. Mine do not. I have to listen to hear the locks click. Is there a way I can turn on the notification of the lights?

  1. In the rear view mirror there are lights that say something about seat belts. They never illuminate. Should they? The manual index says information about this is on page 45 but on page 45 there is no mention.

  2. How do I know if my rear view mirror is auto adjusting? It looks like it has the sensor but also has the manual knob.

  1. The lease I did was 0 down for 36 months. After 3.5 hours of haggling with the dealer I got the monthly price (not including tax) down to 0 (started at 9). Is 0 a good price for my model car on a lease?

My 2 cents...

I've driven Jaguars, MBs, Cadillacs, Pontiacs and by far this Volvo is the most comfortable car to sit in and drive. Futhremore the headlights are amazing.

Reply to
drobinowicz

Marvin

I can help maybe with 1 and 3. If the alarm "thinks" one opening (door, hood, trunklid) isn't properly closed, then the remote locks everything, but wait until it "thinks" everything is closed before arming the alarm. The switches in the door locks that do this job are a particular weak point. Also, the easiest way of determining if your auto adjusting rear view mirror is to drive a car without it. If the second car is way more irritating at night, then your car has it and it's working. This was an amazingly easy feature to get used to when I installed it as a kit on my V70.

Reply to
Mike F

Try starting the car with your seatbelt unfastened, and see what they do.

Haggling a lease is good practice for counting cards at the blackjack tables. There's the monthly payment (lower is better), the "down payment" (lower is better), the milage allowance (higher is better), the excess milage charge (lower is better) and the lease-end value (lower is better). Plus of course the fees that come out of nowhere when you actually sign the papers and the nominal value of cash cow items like floor mats and security systems. Any of these numbers can be adjusted to make the others appear as good as the dealer wants.

As you bargained the monthly fee down, something else changed in the leasing company's favour. Look very carefully at the milage allowance, the excess milage charge, and the lease-end value: you could end up owing a lump sum at the lease end, or paying top dollar to buy the car out.

Chip C Toronto

Reply to
Chip C

That was exactly the problem with my S60 a six months back. The car seemed locked and the alarm was on. The problem escalated after a month or two, making the right-hand side door unlock itself right after all the other doors had been locked. If you opened the failing door the car alarm went off.

My problem, however, turned up when the car was about three years old, but was easily fixed by adjusting something concerning the right-hand side door lock. Volvo charged about 500 SEK (70 USD) for the trouble...

Reply to
JohaN