S60 dash questions for owners.....

Volvo aficionado trying desperately to get back into the fold.....nearly settled on the S60 (AWD) as next vehicle, but every time I drive one I'm distracted by the reflection in the windshield (windscreen for UK folks) of the many/various cut-outs and grilles on the dash surface. Is this less noticeable with time?

Also: could hardly read the digital parts of the instrumentation in bright light (poor cowl length), even in a new model.

I'm 195cm tall, and therefore use the top few inches/cm of the windshield......"rain sensing" (neo sense to me...) mirror blocks a bunch of my outward vision to the right; anyone replaced this mirror and/or removed the black paint behind it?

Any comments/experience appreciated.

Reply to
K Bourke

Yes, the glare from the windshield is atrocious and can be eliminated by wearing polarized sunglasses during daylight hours. However, you will then need to tilt your head to the side or remove your glasses to read the radio display!

I'm 6'6" (198 cm) but I don't have a long spine, so the top of the windshield and rearview mirror have never been a visual problem for me. Have you tried varying the seating position within your comfort range? In my normal driving position, I can't see the hood of the car.

I found the S60 to have the most accommodating interior and seating for me in its class. The seats are comfortable, supportive, and make long distance driving a pleasure, even with my cranky back.

Good luck, Richard

Reply to
RWD

I always buy cars with dark colored dashes for this very reason, makes a big difference. I do imagine you would start to tune out the reflections over time but why mess with them in the first place?

Reply to
Spanky

For whatever reason, the dark colored dashes seem to hold up better, this is definitly true in the 240's, the tan ones are always all cracked up, the black ones aren't too hard to find in nice shape.

Reply to
James Sweet