LATCH system in 2000 v40?

Pardon my ignorance,

I had hoped to get the latch system installed in a 2000 Volvo v40. A friend has said Volvo is doing this for free, but 2 dealers have told me (after some confusion) that Volvo installs ISOFIX (not latch?) and that the 2000 v40 cannot be retrofit for ISOFIX. A third dealer said he could install a tether, but I think he meant only the top tether, not not the two hooks at the seat botton. Two questions:

  1. Is it true that we are stuck using the seatbelt to hold in the car seat?

  1. Am I correct that the LATCH system is different than the ISOFIX system, so that if a friend's car has ISOFIX, a carseat with the latch system (hooks on straps) would still need to be held in place with the seat belt?

Kind Regards,

--Quentin

Reply to
Quentin McMullen