Need recommendation for "air-fliter"

Any recommendations for engine air-filters that provide the best air- flow (compared to most air-filters)? Filters for 1997 850 non-turbo models.

Thank-you

Reply to
socraticquest

What's wrong with the OEM filter? Volvo uses a very large filter that works very well right from the factory. There's nothing you can change it to that will get you any measurable improvement in performance, though some aftermarket filters will give you a measurable increase in particle ingestion and engine wear.

Reply to
James Sweet

A filter gets clogged when doing its job. The oiled filters don't get clogged as easily because they let that crud into the engine instead.

I read a review where they tested all sorts of different air filter setups and found that in the vehicles they evaluated, the stock filters were superior at filtering, and produced a negligible pressure drop across them. The aftermarket filters all caused a second filter inserter further up the line to become substantially dirtier. I wish I still had the link.

Reply to
James Sweet

This might be of interest:

Mr. V