oil filter change '99 s-70

Is there some kind of procedure for doing this?

The oil filter is housed in a plastic covering.

The replacement filter comes with a new rubber gasket, actually more like a o-ring.

In replacing the filter, the rubber gasket leaks

I have lubricated it, tightened it down carefully, it still leaks.

If too tight, the ring bulges and the oil really pours out.

So what is the trick?

Need to know immediately. The car is sitting in my driveway, not going anywhere.

j.

Reply to
Say not the Struggle nought Availeth

The O-Ring does not go at the bottom if you look @ the housing there is a grove for the O-Ring to sit in Glenn

Reply to
Glenn Klein

well color me stupid, but I don't see or feel any place for an o-ring.

Inside the housing, the metal part attached to the engine, there is not one.

on the plastic part that screws in there is not one.

I don't find any groove to put a o-ring in.

on the upper lip of the plastic part you can put an o-ring, it's not a groove, and if you put the o-ring there, you can't screw the plastic housing in.

I need more information.

Jerry.