Overdrive button removal 740

I have a '87 740 with a shifter knob that has split. The center white plastic is still on the shaft and the overdrive button does not seem to want to slide up so I can disconnect the wires and put the new knob on. Any suggestions? Thanks Chris V

Reply to
electricsheep

Manual or automatic?

Reply to
James Sweet

If you slide down the gear shift boot you can see where the wires go in. If you push them in at the same time as you pull up on the switch, the wires may slide out a little. Or, if you have a Dremel (or similar) tool, cut the white plastic.

Reply to
Mike F

Reply to
electricsheep