Part currently unavailable in the US!

Someone hit our 2006 Volvo S40 exactly one month ago and its been in the shop ever since because the shop is waiting for 1 part (radiator support) that is not currently available in the US. Its ticking me off cuz I didn't elect the rental car coverage with Geico which means the rental car cost is coming out of my pocket. I have some contacts at Volvo in Sweden that I tried to connect with for this. However, mostly due to the fact that Volvo is now owned by Ford I came up with zip.

Reply to
sc_evans

Forgot to add - "Can anyone help with this?"

Reply to
TheDood

Yes.

Buy a used part from a wrecking yard.

Reply to
zencraps

Contact your selling dealer to see if he can get the part released from Sweden also is the body work being performed by the dealer or are you doing the repairs @ your chosen body shop ?

Reply to
Glenn

Check with a Ford dealer as the part is virtually the same as the Ford Focus platform on which the 2006 S40 is based.

All the best, Peter.

700/900/90 Register Keeper, Volvo Owners Club (UK).
Reply to
Peter K L Milnes

Can the dealer do a loaner?

sc snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

Reply to
Jamie

Hmmm, sounds like Volvo is choosing to build new cars instead of supporting those who already put down their cash.

Is there some way to hand-make a suitable replacement part? That is what I sometimes have to do when restoring old cars.

Does a part from a Ford Focus work? The S40 is built upon the bones of the Focus (ouch, doesn't that hurt to hear!).

John

Reply to
John Horner

He probably can't because the model is too new, and he can't get a part made because it's an insurance claim. See if a Ford Focus part fits.

Reply to
Andrew McKenna

But not the bones of the Focus sold in the US. So any Focus part, if in the unlikely event it did fit, would have to come on the same slow boat from Europe.

Reply to
Mike F

How expensive is this part and do you have the partnumber ?

schreef in bericht news: snipped-for-privacy@s13g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...

Reply to
rob