Parts and Fuel comments, air box clips question.

I was considering the posts I made and others also made about Volvo parts. I bought from Rock Auto someone else said they had good results from FCP Groton.

I just want to share my observation that these sites are letting us get parts quite cheap, living up to the promise of the internet. Lets not forget that when the car is down, however what is it worth to have the parts available NOW? OTOH FED-EX is there.

I am not advocating anything just making a point here.

I did not buy an air filter b/c it would have doubled my freight charge from

6.50 or 7 to 13ish. I went to advance auto and bought a peurolator filter for 9.99 and when I opened the box it was a fram orange rubber gasket with the typical fram shaded dark cream color filter material as well--it works.

I usually bought Amoco/BP gas with Exxon and Hess. One time I was way down on my fuel and went to Shell to fill my 94 940 turbo S/W. After just one tank the car ran better!

Before this happened to me I wouldda said yeah can I get a hit from whatever you are smoking, but hey it's true.

I can only say that the Top Tier standards make a difference!

Where I live Shell is the only fuelthat meets the standards. I guess that might be a marketing ploy b/c Iunderstand texaco and shell are the same fuel--or perhaps they dump more'stuff' into Shell. YMMV!

Finally a question. My air filter box had *no* clips on it. Is there a easy fix or do I need to buy a new box from Volvo? If the box is closed well can i get away with it?

Thanks!

Steve

Reply to
Steve

You have to have some way of holding the filter firmly into the lid, or air (and dirt) will bypass the filter. Obviously there are ways to make custom closures, but the simplest is to buy a new box.

Reply to
Mike F