plastic replacement part

The plastic protection part where my seat belt comes out of the side column broke. Anybody know where I might order one?

Reply to
Bailey, Joan and Dan

What year and model is this for?

Reply to
volvo240drew

It's a Volvo, you mean you need more information!??! ;).. hehe

Reply to
M.R.S.

Well, at least which century it comes from ;-)

It might also help to know which market area it is: North or South America, Europe, Australia / NZ, Asia.... Sometimes that makes a difference.

Mike

Reply to
Michael Pardee

It is a 2002, S80 T6.

Reply to
Bailey, Joan and Dan

Hello:

As your car is still quite new as far as a Volvo goes, the best place to get the part in question will be your local dealer--or at a pick-n

-pull if you have the time and can stand wading through snow in the Rochester area...but the nearest one I know to you is in Auburn NY.

It still amazes me when I see friends driving 50 miles each way to the Pick-N-Pull in Auburn to get an inexpensive part--and they never know in advance if the part is actually there, are charged $2 just to enter the yard--and that is not refundable even if they find the part they need.

I call the parts guy I know at the dealer and if it's not in stock they order it and I have it in 1 to 3 days at a fair price--and without driving 100 miles.

Am I frugal? Yes! Will I spend hours driving and the fuel to go get a $10 used part when I can get a new one from the dealer for nearly the same price? Absolutely not!

I could use a new latch assembly for one of my wagons and it's nearly $100 from the dealer. For that I'll wait until Spring and find one at a yard or buy it on Ebay if I have time.

Good Luck

Reply to
doc