Problem with lights with 1997 V70 TDI

Yesterday the lighting board fell off my trailer and got completely smashed. I noticed the bulb failure warning light come on, then go off.

Now I find neither the parking lights nor the rear lights work at all. I checked the fuses, #23, #24, they are OK. Anyone any suggestions?

Reply to
Mike Lindsay

First of all, see if power is getting to the fuses. If not, there are some big fuses under the "main fuses" cap under the hood, have a look at them. Also put the headlight switch in the "P" position, power arrives at the lights a different way. Also the headlight switch is a bit of a weak point, see if there's power at the white wire on its terminal 2. (This wire takes power to the fuses 23 & 24.)

Reply to
Mike F

Thanks, Mike.

I feel a complete lemon. The fuse box diagram in the book suggested seems to be back to front, what I thought was #23, #24 were in fact 5 and 6.

The genuine #23 had blown, also the one that does the brake light. Replaced them both, now all OK. Except that I need new glow plugs, but that's a different problem.

Reply to
Mike Lindsay