95 900s radio code

Hi all

I'm sure this has come up before...but here goes. My son somehow found that the radio in his 1995 900s was asking for a code. The radio had not been removed and the batter is in fine shape...and was not disconnected. He had been out of town for a few days, but it started just fine. But nonetheless, the radio said "Code In" when he went out to start it up yesterday. He entered random numbers "trying to get lucky"...did I mention he just turned 18? He then took it to the local Saab man...Moe in Ballard (Seattle) and got the 4 digit code. BUT...now there are 4 dashes and no way to enter the code. He tried the battery disconnect while pumping break pedal; Hold the Band button down for several minutes...etc.

SO...not sure why the code request came up in the first place...or how to get it in.

Any help is mucho appreciato.

MKW

Reply to
mkw

OK...I'll respond to my own post. My son found on a SAAB message board instructions to leave the ignition on with power on to the radio until the "code in" came back on the radio...and it did. ALso, interestingly, the remote door locks became functional again.

Gotta love these cars.

MKW

Reply to
mkw