RE IS IT POSSIBLE, energy sources ?

We worry about nuclear power but we are often unaware that coal produces nasty wastes including nuclear from the vast quantity we burn to produce energy .Small trace amounts add up to a much greater total amount than a nuclear power plant is allowed to emit .Only 2 grams of radiation is enough to cause a plant to shut down but pounds or kilograms are produced by coal waste and spread over the country side with no questions asked .In the meantime we are selling our natural gas to the chinese at crazy prices instead of running our engines on this vast suppy of gas which we in Australia have huge reserves .We use coal instead Nuclear ,so our air is polluted with not only particles of radiated matter from the coal but we are adding to green house gases in vast amounts .BTW we are selling our gas at 2 cents a litre ,while we pay roughly 47cents a litre for liquid petrolium gas .Woud`nt it be nice to fill up the tank for a $1.20 a tank of 60 litres .

Reply to
Jon Robertson

My prediction:

Nuclear energy will make a big comeback, taking advantage of technological improvements.

In the USA, only a couple of locations in the middle of nowhere (in case of an accident) with many Super Reactors clustered together would be necessary, as advances in nanotechnology presage the development of a viable superconductor which should radiate out to all end users, delivering electricity efficently.

With Cheap Power, electric cars will be the norm.

It could, and should, happen.

Reply to
zencraps

I too think it will make a comeback of sorts, though with demand ever increasing, I doubt electricity will ever be cheaper than it is now.

All it would take though is one more Chernobyl and nuke would be dead for good.

Reply to
James Sweet