is it me? England Flags

am i the only one surprised by all the english flags flying from newish "foreign" cars
German/French cars with the flag - i could understand if you buy your car
"previoiusly owned" but these are bran' new
patriotic or hypocrit = what?

I really must get a Pakistan flag and stick that on my car. In retaliation to the Asian taxi drivers round here with England flags on their cabs! Or maybe a Union Jack to confuse people. I can see the looks of, 'You've got THE WRONG FLAG ON YOUR CAR' now...
Mark W (s@o) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

You are Norman Tebbitt AICMFF Cricket Tests.

http://www.flags.net/elements/gif_flags/UNKG009.GIF
and remove the number plates...
Don't forget to wave.

A ripper, as long as you are driving the right sort of car - a bentley would be good but I don't think my 406 could cut it!
Adam H

That would be funny and people would probably crash into you as they're looking at the flag. It still probably doesn't justify wasting all the fuel on the extra drag though does it?
Am I right in thinking that they're illegal? Isn't there a law against having things hanging out of the windows?

newish
car
retaliation
got
Someone round my way got jailed for having an object hanging off the car he was driving.
Mind you, the object was a copper trying to arrest him when he drove off!
Peter wrote:

Can't be, as it'd be such easy pickings for bottom-of-the-table-Humbershite-Police that they'd be issuing tickets from the speed cam video.
--
Flippity Floppity Flip. The mouse on the Mobius strip. The strip
revolved, the mouse dissolved in a chronodimensional slip.

No, law's don't get enforced anyway, so Police wouldn't stop people for their flags. However, they could easily stop the cars for other crimes.
Law's are a waste of time, I had somebody go around a rounabout the wrong way a few days ago and he tooted at me because I was there. He doesn't understand that if he went around it the correct way (the legal way) then there wouldn't have been a problem! It was only a mini round about, but it was a raised one and he still should've gone around it. I've learnt from the situation though, but tooting wasn't really necessary. It was one of those 'stale-mate' situations, ie. somebody at every point of the roundabout. I didn't want to stop moving and went with somebody else, which improved the traffic flow.

from
So is teaching English in schools, apparently. NO apostrophe in a plural, Peter.

Yeah, I know where they should go. I was in a hurry at the time :-(
from petermcmillan snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (Peter) contains these words:

So's teaching people where to put apostrophes and where not.
--
"Bother", said Skipweasel as he molished a little jig.

That was the first thing that crossed my mind reading his post.
Peter

Have you guys heard there's some scandalous move to "legitimise" the abuse of apostrophes? I think the notion is that they'll simply be abandoned when used around the letter S...
1984 anyone?
--
Ken Davidson
DocDelete

What a double-plus ungood idea. (to mix my dystopian sources)
--
"Bother", said Skipweasel as he molished a little jig.

contains these words:

Yes, and rightsizing the language doesn't even have to forced on us - sms txt mssging is dng al t hrd wrk!
--
Ken Davidson
DocDelete

Lynne Truss for Prime Minister.

Only if they impede vision in any way - as with furry dice. The current crop of window mounted ones fly above the car's line of sight so should present no problem. Mind you... When one comes off the car in front of you on the motorway and plants itself squarely on your windscreen things could get dramatic.
I expect the police will get around to picking people up on it. They are just not too quick on the uptake but as soon as one does it they'll all join in. [ Name and registration number withheld ]
Vin
--
I really have been there. I really have seen it. It's just that they had
sold right out of T-shirts.

[sarcasm] I drive a Toyota Avensis and fly the flag for England and I have to admit that I feel like a scab for driving a foreign car whilst flying an English flag (despite the fact that it's built in England). Indeed, how dare people driving BMW's, Honda's, Fiat's and Renaults DARE fly the English flag! I'm never going to order a pizza, chinese or indian curry ever again!
Furthermore, I'm not going to buy Reebok, Puma or Adidas goods! In fact I'm going to go to my nearest British car dealer and buy a Morgan or Aston Martin (despite the fact that either will no doubt have many foreign parts).
In fact I'm going to go search for my nearest Rover dealer and buy a Mini. A BMW German Mini. [/sarcasm]
Better watch that shopping trolley Maxwell, it could be full of foreign food, bit unpatriotic!
In

Er, if you want an English car, buy a TVR. Besides, it's as good an excuse as any other...

tasty though
--
Pete M

Ford Capri - Mercedes 500 SEL - Sierra XR4x4

Some of us never started!
--
"Bother", said Skipweasel as he molished a little jig.