rear fog lights = battery dead?

so our volvo S70 had a dead rear light. to compensate for it for safety and legal reasons, until we had time to replace it, we used our rear fog lights. car was just used 4-5 times.

2 weeks later, can't start the engine, the mechanic claims it was the rear fog light draining the battery. wtf? anytime we turned off the engine, the rear fog light turned off when ignition was off, although the switch was probably left on. is it still possible to drain the battery even though the light is not actually on?
Reply to
colmhogan

Your mechanic is full of it, if the rear fog lamp drained the battery, then something is wrong with the electrical system. If the fog lamp was not on with the car off, your problem is unrelated.

Personally I would look for a more competent mechanic.

Reply to
James Sweet

No !! it is time to find a new mechanic who knows what he or her is doing Glenn K Volvo Certified Technician ASE Certified Technician

Reply to
Glenn K

Thanks everyone for your feedback,looks like it's time to find a new mechanic ;)

Reply to
colmhogan