Rear Seat Headrests, 2007 S-60

Are the rear headrests supposed to spring open when I lower the rear seat backs for more trunkspace?

I have a 2007 S-60 and drive with the rear headrests down for better rear visibility. Whenever I lower the seat backs to put something long in the trunk, the headrests spring open and wedge against the back of the front seats. To get the seat backs closed again, I have to move the front seats up a bit, close the back seats, then re-adjust the front seats.

I just took the car in for the 15,000 maintenance check and they said that's the way Volvos work. This is my first Volvo and from the general engineering of the car, it seems unlikely that they would have missed this design flaw. Was the service guy just trying to get out of some extra work or was he telling the truth?

Paul

Reply to
Pavel314