rumors of a class action suit against Volvo/Ford for defective wiring harnesses ?

for the continual use of shitty wiring material used in the "under the hood" harness?

Reply to
ed

They only used it for a few years and the problem has been fixed for more than 15 years, isn't it a little late to sue? Most of the cars that had that issue have been fixed by now if they're still on the road.

Reply to
James Sweet

Well, I have an 03 XC70 and a couple of weeks ago I just barely touched that flexible plastic shield near an underhood connector and the the plastic absolutely pulverized into about 125 little pieces. Granted, in one part of Las Vegas last Summer the temps were 123 degrees and underhood temps in my garage must have been astronimical once the engine shut down. Usually when I'd get home and into the garage I'd put the hood up to release the heat while the cooling fan kept running. After about a half hour, I'd look at the temp on the thermometer hanging on the wall in the garage and the temp inside my garage was 139degrees. I would have left my garage door open but the f**king homeowners association fines you for doing that.

i would show that to your dealer and "put them on warning" your wiring may have a problem...lay a careful paper trail...

Reply to
~^ beancounter ~^