'01 Air Cond

I last used my A/C on April 2nd and worked well. On the 10th I tried to turn it on again and the A/C didn't cool. I have checked all fuses and the relay in the fuse box. The clutch sounds like it is trying to engage but the compressor will not spin or lock in. Am I missing something obvious?

Help it is hot down here!

2001 Chevy 1500 Silverado 5.3L original owner 101,000 miles. Full power

Thanks

Reply to
controlsystem156

Something that happened with my wife's Impala..and yeah, I know, it isn't a truck but......

Had the same problem. The ac worked fine one day...the next it crapped out. Also noticed the temp gage went at the same time.; Dealer said it was the module...to the tune of $400. It worked great for a week...then the same problem. Dead ac and temp gage. Dealer did some more work and said "Thermostat...$120 please."

I pointed out to the dealer that it was probably the thermostat all along and not his $400 module...so he owed me $280 for the difference. He decided to replace the thermostat on his own.

The ac has worked fine for months now....you might want to check your thermostat. Could be a cheaper fix.

John

Reply to
John

If the refrigerant in the cooling system is low the compressor clutch will not engage.

Reply to
M Port

I see you "checked" the relays. I fixed my once by tapping each relay in the box under the hood with my finger. When the stuck one picked up it was very audible.

Reply to
Mike Copeland