Spark Plugs

I note from the NGK site that the PTR5A-13 plugs which I am about to replace (on 1.6 zetec) are obsolete---replaced by PTR5A-10. Can I assume that these are exactly the same plugs, but with 1mm gap instead of 1.3mm. My local Halfords still stocks the old version, so if I buy these shoud I regap them to 1mm. Alternatively there are Champion EON4 (copper) and Champion RES9PYP4 (platinum, and cheaper than the EON4). Or would I be better off sticking to Motorcraft platinums. Your opinions and experience appreciated.

Brian

Reply to
brian beal

I used them in my 2001 2.0 l (US spec) zetec, I had great results with good thread engagement. I believe another difference is the length of the threaded portion of the plug.

Reply to
blanco_guy

In message , brian beal writes

Best to stick with the Motorcraft ones. Some say that the Motorcraft ones are manufactured by NGK but I don't know how true this is.

Avoid the Champions like the plague. I've heard too many bad stories about them and not many good ones.

Reply to
Paul Giverin