looking into getting a 2001 s80 2.9 US market

any info on the model lineup?

pros cons?

thanks

Reply to
kleviy

There have been issues with the 1999/2000. Whether they were cleaned up by

2001 or not I am not sure. for other places to check google on Volvospy, the brickboard and sweedspeed. That will point you to three places where there S80 specific forums.

Michael '04 S80

Reply to
Michael Hobbs

The issues in 1999 were relatively minor and were cleared up by the 2000 MY with the exception of the ball joint recall which should have been taken care of under warrantee. I wouldn't hesitate to buy any well cared for example of an S80 from any year. Make sure the car has not been in any serious accidents and it is not flood/damaged. These cars were designed to last a long time. Parts/repairs will cost more than for the smaller/lighter Volvos though, they are not economy cars.

Reply to
Spanky