S80 Headlight

It is not clear how to get the headlight out of an S80. There is some plastic trim below that may have to be removed but I was afraid to try without advice. Thanks, Kent

Reply to
Kent

"Kent" skrev i meddelandet news: snipped-for-privacy@corp.supernews.com...

Reply to
Johan E

I was able to change mine without much trouble. You have to unscrew some sort of a plastic retainer then the lamp socket slides out.

Reply to
Paul

There's a rubber (plastic) bowl shaped trim ring behind the light. It's threaded, unscrew it.

The bulb is held in place by a retaining ring that unsnaps.

The bulb slides right out of the socket in the wires. Replace it witha new one. \Just be careful, as the plastic clip for the wires is pretty flimsy, especially if its a few years old.

Then just reers the above steps to resecure it.

Not much to it, but my dealer installs new bulbs free, and charges about the same as the local autoparts store for replacement bulbs, so I quit messing with it.

Reply to
MACampbel