S80 headlight unit

I guess I didn't make it clear on my last question that the glass is broken and I have to change the whole headlight unit.
It is not clear how to get the whole headlight unit out of an S80. There is
some plastic trim below that may have to be removed but I was afraid to try without advice. Thanks, Kent

The other respondent in that thread got you it right. '99 S80 - you will need to remove the front bumper.
To remove the S-80 Headlight assembly 1) Loosen the torx 25 screw in the wheel well 2) Open hood very gently push the expansion clips down in the center & remove the clips (Black Plastic ) 3) Remove the headlight wiper Arm 8mm nut 4) Remove the bolt from the bumper cover (Small cover in Bumper cover) 5) Once above is done push bumper cover toward front of car & Remove just that side 6)You will find the headlight held in by 4 10mm bolts 2 on top 1 on the Grille side & one hidden by the bumper mounting 7) Remove the bumper mounting 8) Remove the 4 bolts & remove the headlight then remove the headlight wiper motor 9) Be Careful around the broken glass
You can just purchase the glass from www.ipd.com or the whole assembly from the dealer Volvo will not sell you the glass Glenn
--
"*-344-*Never Forgotten"
Is for the New York City Firemen who lost their lives on September 11,2001.