Mondeo headlight adjustment for France

Mondeo Mk3, April 2003.

Is there anyway of adjusting the headlight beam for driving on the right whilst abroad ? I don't particularly want to stick anything on the plastic lens. The manual states that the lights can be adjusted for left or right hand driving but that I should "consult my dealer" ? Is there a simple adjustment that only the dealer knows about ? Thanks for any advice. Paul

Reply to
Paul

Unless you can adjust your lights and have good enough french to explain that you have done so I have seen cars stopped by French police for not having beam deflectors

Tony

Reply to
TMC

You might be stopped, you might not be: it partially depends on how you drive. Brake a few rules and they'll query your headlights too...

Reply to
DervMan

It depends what quality deflectors you buy, I bought a £5 pair and had them on for a month round europe. As soon as I got back they peeled straight off. Says to leave the head lights on full beam for a while to warm the adhesive.

Reply to
Joe
[...]

I've seen cars pulled over as they have driven off the train in France, and only allowed to proceed if the driver is able to correct the problem.

Chris

Reply to
Chris Whelan