S80 Interior Fan Stayed with Ignition Key Removed!

I recently purchased a 2001 S80. Today, after driving for a while with the a/c on (auto), I parked in the garage, shut of the engine and went into the house. 15-20 minutes later I entered the garage and heard a fan running in the Volvo. I got inside and it was the interior fan. So, using the ignition key, I turned on accessories, then turned them off. The fan stopped.

I haven't been able to duplicate this scenario again.

Any constructive insight out there?

Reply to
Don & Sharon

they all do that...air circulation

Reply to
~^ beancounter ~^

No problem its a std comfort feature - fan will turn it self off. The computers take into consideration, outside temp, inside temp and motor temp and amps to be left in the battery.

"Don & Sharon" skrev i meddelandet news:nY2Na.24010$ snipped-for-privacy@newsread1.prod.itd.earthlink.net...

Reply to
JohanE

30 minutes after the car has been turned off the fan comes on for 5 minutes to dry the evaporator if the A/C was on. This is supposed to help prevent mould formation and the resultant "A/C smells".
Reply to
Mike F

Shit happens, think about how often one has to reboot your PC.... " ~^ beancounter ~^" skrev i meddelandet news:frgNa.25415$ snipped-for-privacy@newsread1.prod.itd.earthlink.net...

Reply to
JohanE

all the %$#@ time... good point...

"ain't technology wonderful"?

Reply to
~^ beancounter ~^

Reply to
Dan Behr

The fan comes on after air conditioning use to dry out the condenser so mold does not develop as it does in many other cars. It's normal, don't worry about it.

Mike

Reply to
Mike

Reply to
theCLAW

Same thing happened to me yesterday and today. I bought a used 2000 S80 T6 last week. Yesterday after driving around town, I parked in my driveway. Came out about 15 inutes later and the A/C fans were going full bore - just fans circulating air. Turned the key on then off and it stopped. Same thing happened today but this time it was parked in my garage out of the sun. This time, I just let it go and it eventually stopped (about 10 minutes later). Seems to me that I heard the car tries to keep a reasonable temp inside the cabin so you don't have to roll down the windows on a hot day and wait forever for the A/C temp to get comfortable; circulates ambient air. I have a call in to my local Volvo dealer to pick his brain. Did a quick browse tyhrough the manual but didn't find anything on it. Let me know if you do.

Tally Ho,

Paul

Reply to
Old Scout

snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (Old Scout) wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@posting.google.com:

going

This is normal this function helps keep harmful bacteria from growing in the evaporator case

Reply to
G Klein