Source(s) for 240 door skins???

I am looking at rebuilding a 240GL. Is there any North American source of new door skins or does my sheet metal man have to make them?

Just looking at various options. This car will be kept! It has 400,000 km on it right now and I want to rebuild it and drive it only in the summer here in Canada.

Ken

Reply to
Ken Pisichko

Just replace the whole doors, they're easy to find and cheap, and the result will be better than trying to replace the skins.

Reply to
James Sweet

Further.. my '92 245 has actually rusted through at the lower front corner of the drivers's door, apparently due to a windsheield leak. FOr the most part, this would be covered by the plastic cladding. Is it considered better to fix or replace?

thanks! Patrick Keenan

Reply to
Patrick Keenan

_____ I don't know about new door skins, but good used ones can be had from Chapman Motors in Cobble Hill, Vancouver Island, BC . When i lived in Calgary they once shipped a used left fender for my 1975 240DL.

/ jch

Reply to
jch