swap 2.3 for a 2.3 turbo, 240, is it possible?

Hi guys

I can purchase a 2.3 turbo engine from the wreckers, is it possible to swap this into my '89 240 without too many dramas?

Or are there other ways to 'extract' a little more power out of my 240 brick?

regards Michael

Reply to
Snoops

You may well have a lot of problems with clearance of the steering gear if RHD car. I think that there are no such problems if LHD.

All the best, Peter.

Reply to
Peter K L Milnes

Check out on both counts with the helpful bunch in

Do the search first because both subjects have been discussed there ad nauseam.

Regards,

Boris Mohar

void _-void-_ in the obvious place

Reply to
Boris Mohar

It's been done, it's not impossible but it's not a direct swap. You need the injection and ignition computers, wiring, injectors, and other odds & ends, as well as some custom exhaust work but I did see a website somewhere with some details on doing it.

If you want more power from your existing engine, manual transmission is the place to start if you don't have it already, then a VX or K camshaft and a sport exhaust system, then the car should feel fairly peppy.

Reply to
James Sweet

where do i get a vx cam shaft in brisbane and is it a straight fit, or do i have change the computer in the car as well.

James Sweet wrote:

Reply to
snoopybris

Dunno about in Brisbane, IPD sells them and will probably ship there, but there's very likely a cheaper source. No other mods are needed, it's just a drop in replacement cam. Fuel economy and low end torque will suffer some but that's the price to pay for more power.

Reply to
James Sweet

Oh no you di dunt! Extract more power? Now you're about to go broke! Welcome to the quirky world of Volvo tuning! Here is a great place to start gathering information:

There are several Aussies that post there as well as Yanks, Canucks, Brits, Estonians, and bog knows who else. Good luck!