240 leaving home, but not the Turbo

Hi Guys I have an 86 240 DL, which is just a great little car, no two ways about it. I also have a parts car for it, an 82 240 GLE Turbo, that I picked up years ago. To make a long story short, a friend wants to buy the 86 but doesn't want the parts car. I had always envisioned the next owner to take the parts car with it, and I just hate to give the 82 to a salvage yard for $25.00, which is the going price here, because I just know it'll end up crushed. It's still pretty much complete, but the motor is locked up. The turbo is all there, so I suppose my main question is; How much can I get for the turbo & accessories for it ?? I just hate to give it away when there are so many good things there for someone to use. For instance, it still has the original windshield & other glass, plus moonroof. Anyway, thanks for the ear. Regards Rich

Reply to
Rick

If the motor is locked up it was probably run out of oil in which case the turbo is very likely to be scrap. If the car is mostly complete though perhaps you can sell it as a fixer? Is the body straight? Rust free? How's the interior? There's plenty of beat up or rusted out but nicely running

240's out there.
Reply to
James Sweet

On Tue, 23 Nov 2004 06:39:02 GMT, the illustrious "James Sweet" favored us with the following prose:

Where are you located? I could use some 240 Turbo parts.

blurp

Reply to
blurp

$25 DOLLARS ?ask a wrecker for the mirror alone or maybe a headlight and see what your cars worth when its taken apart .it hurts doesn't it ?

Reply to
John Robertson

Sorry I haven't been back on for awhile. Had some things to do out of town. I'm in Oklahoma City & the car is very straight & rust free. The interior is dark blue & in remarkably good shape. No tears, just a few places where ya rub getting in & out. The only cosmetic problems are the parts that I've put back on from the 86, (tail light lenses, etc),, I mean hey, that's why I bought it. Regards Rick

Reply to
Rick

Dang, just drop in another motor and you have a good solid 240 Turbo, fun cars!

Reply to
James Sweet