Tight Steering

I recently bought a 98 V70 with 134,000. I like the car but the steering seems a bit too tight, even for me and my wife complains that her wrist hurts after driving for awhile. Does anyone know if the "stiffness" of the steering is adjustable in any way?

Reply to
Bill

Increasing tire pressure to the top of the recommended range will lighten the steering effort. Make sure that the power steering is working properly.

Reply to
Michael Cerkowski

I did check the tire pressures and they seemed OK, but I will check that they are at the top. I suppose I will need a shop to check the hydraulics. Thanks for the help

Reply to
Bill

Not sure, but if the s70 has bearring caps atop the front struts that could be it too...

Reply to
Steve