Tires - 850 wagon

I've got an 850 turbo wagon, 1995, with steel wheels.

The tires that are installed are size 185-65-15. I need to replace at least two of the tires. The tires installed are Michelins - not sure what specific tire model.

The Tire Rack shows 195-60-15 as the standard size for 850 wagon, or a 205 size for the Turbo - but I assume that's for the alloy wheels.

What size tires should I get if I keep the two good 185-65-15s? Should I switch to 190-60-15 and can I mix & match sizes as long as each axle is consistent?

What tires should I get? I live in New England (frequent snow, but it is usually not deep because it gets plowed quickly) and this is the family car.

Thanks.

CH

Reply to
Charlie Heath