Tyre size - 850 estate

Hi. Winter is almost over, and I need new summer tyres... I have the chance to get Bridgestone B390 195/65/15 91V summer tyres at good price while stocks last.

I know that my 850 TDI estate original size tyres are 195/60/15. I searched the web and it loks like I can put those slightly bigger ones

195/65/15. But I am not sure...

Please let me know if that is possible. Does anyone drives 195/65/15 on an 850, and are there any problems?

And eventual comments on the quality of the mentioned tyres are welcome :-)

Thnx.

Reply to
Drnya

The tyres are the same width but about 3% larger in diameter. I very much doubt whether there will be clearance problems because 850's and 70-series cars were fitted with a wide range of tyre sizes - some of which were probably bigger than these. You will, of course, get a speedo/odometer error of about 3% relative to current values. Speedos tend to be a bit optimistic anyway - so the larger tyres will probably bring it closer to the truth. But I would still calibrate the speedo with a GPS - or against motorway mile posts - to make sure that you don't inadvertently get done for speeding.

Reply to
Bonnet Lock